If you are starting out, exploring the men’s fashion world, I am positive it looks as daunting to you, as it did to me a decade ago.
But fear not, here is a list of 10 basics in your wardrobe to get you started on the style track with enough style and confidence.
- Always churn your socks and underwear, which means throw out the ones which are older than six months.
- Own your cologne – find your signature smell because “fragrance is the most intense form of memory.”
- Have a pair of well-polished shoes (preferably Loafers, Brogues or Monks), because “you can always judge a man by his handshake and his shoes”.
- A firm handshake, your negotiation begins the moment you assert your individuality through a handshake.
- A pair of tweezers, because it is not fun staring up hairy nostrils.
- A well fitted dark suit, because what lingerie is to a man, a well-fitted suit is to a woman.
- A pair of slim fit denim jeans that is neither too skinny, nor too lengthy.
- A well-ironed black/white fitted shirt – Your forever failsafe option.
- Nice pair of sunglasses – A must have for those sunny or not so sunny days.
- Always wear a smile, if you are blessed enough to have good teeth; if not save up and get them.